The start of the year is a good time to reassess what’s important to you and what’s not. This year, I want to use Social Media to keep myself accountable for the Milestones I keep for myself while sharing my journey of ups and downs along the way.
Throughout 2017, I saw Yap Pik Hwee Raymond posting his small wins that eventually added up to big wins throughout the year and this year, I am inspired to adopt this.
This year I will hit 30. One of the focus of this year for me will be to improve my health. To be more conscious of what I eat and how often I exercise.
Another is to have more of stronger and deeper relationships. As my circle of friends begin to settle down, they also seem to fall out of touch. Am I the only one going through this? I don’t know. Anyway, I want to break this belief I have that ‘best friends’ are only found from school.
I know, weird.
And of course, Personal and Business growth will always be a core of who I am and what I do.
So here are some Milestones that I’ve listed out for 2018.
* Accumulate 250 KM in running distance throughout the year and track it with an App
* Play Badminton for 52 times for 2-3 hours
* Learn to swim better. I don’t want to time myself. I just want to become a better swimmer. Have a better stamina in swimming laps. I’ll go easy on this one.
* Read new 52 Non-Fiction, Business books and write their reviews.
* Write 52 Opinion Articles on topics I am interested in and get better at writing
* Record 52 videos and add valuable content. This will help me to become more comfortable in front of the Camera. I’m still camera shy and I want to get rid of that.
* Continue my Motivational Monday posts every week
* Complete my second book by writing 500 words a day. It will be complete by end of the year.
* Attend more networking events – twice a week – to meet and mingle with more people.
* Do a solo trip again to someplace different
* Become fluent in understanding and speaking Malay. I quite like the idea of being able to speak all 4 national languages conversationally as a Singaporean.
What are your milestones for 2018?
Does yours excite you? Or are you afraid of failure?
It’s okay if they seem impossible, as long as they excite you. I know mine’s a stretch but that’s the point.
The key idea here is to master this in small bits and pieces before 2018 ends. Looking back, it will be worthwhile.
And so the journey begins!
#2018Milestones #VivekIyyani #EmpoweringMillennials