2017 – Started off the year harsh. I lost someone special early this year. At first, I wondered if this is going to set the tone for the remaining months of the year. But then I remembered and repeated to myself the one thing I am grateful to have embedded in my mindset every time something goes south.
“When life is shaky, focus on your outcome”
And that’s what I did. Instead of letting disappointments shape the future, I took control of my present. I told myself, despite the hurdles, I have to make things happen that I set out to achieve. And achieve I did, in my own small way.
What I accomplished in 2017
* Launched my Book, Empowering Millennials and became an #Author
* Got featured on Channel NewsAsia to talk about the Millennials
* Featured on Radio again to talk about Millennials as well
* Featured on multiple blogs and interviews
* Building up a personal project www.leaders.sg and ensuring it went up despite all the hurdles along the way
* Travelled to the Philippines for ASEAN Yen Entrepreneurship Carnival with Kesavan Sathyamoorthy and Zai Miztiq and met many inspiring millennial entrepreneurial leaders doing so much for their countries through their enterprise
* Embarked on giving Keynotes at multiple events – which is something that is new for me
* Started training in India’s schools on personal empowerment
* Started my YouTube Channel and Facebook Page to share more about the work I do ( I’m a very private person so this was a huge step for me )
* Went on to upskill myself and learn about LinkedIn in full detail thanks to Linda Le
* Went on to upskill myself on proper networking skills with Ron Gibson
* Learnt about writing Opinion Articles with Dean Shams
* Learned about advanced sales and prospecting from Joshua Chua
* Hired a Coach Ahmed Muzammil Jamal to push me to my potential and keep me focused
* Launched my own coaching program for Millennial Entrepreneurs
* Delegated the school training business completely without being involved on the ground to run the show
* Taking an overseas trip my buddy Joshua Chua after so long
* Finding a group that’s really passionate about Badminton and we play weekly
* Taking a Solo Trip to Myanmar, meeting Roddy Ryan Valles Bernasor along the way for this trip and doing the Hot Air Balloon ride despite many people recommending me not to because it was expensive. I swear, I’ve never been happier looking at balloons until I was in one, looking at the sunrise over the horizon, with many other balloons floating up at the same time with a clear blue sky.
2017 has been a wild rollercoaster ride. Met many interesting individuals and made more friends. I’m grateful to everyone who has been there with me on this journey. You know who you are.
Tomorrow I’ll post what I aim to achieve in the new year. Hopefully, it will inspire you to achieve your milestones and dreams. Or even serve as a reminder to carry on even when life gets shaky. It’s not always easy but it’s definitely worthwhile in the end.
Enjoy the rest of 2017
The best is yet to be. Happy New Year
#BeUnstoppable #DreamBIG #Reviewof2017 #vivekiyyani